Laboratory of Cell Engineering, organized in 1995 by the decision of the Academic Council of the Institute.
Head of the Laboratory Uteulin Kairat Rizabekovich, Doctor of Biological Sciencies.
Laboratory staff consists of 11 qualified employees, including 2 doctors, 3 candidates of sciences. Undergraduate and graduate students of the Kazakh National University named al-Farabi in the laboratory are conducting research in the field of biology, biotechnology.
- «Development of technology and obtaining of domestic natural rubber producer Taraxacum kok-saghyz» (2012-2014);
- «Obtaining of the abiotic stresses sustainable raw material of wheat with high grain quality by using interspecific crosses» (2012-2014);
- «Early diagnosis of drought tolerance in order to increase the efficiency of breeding wheat, corn and soybeans» (2012-2014);
- «Identification of promising species of the genus Artemisia L. as potential sources of flavonoids» (2012-2014);
- «Screening of the groats wheat species and their hybrids by morphological and technological parameters and identification of promising forms as sources for the production of new biologically-grade foods» (2012-2014);
- «Development of technology for production of biologically active compounds with anticancer effect on the basis of the Ural licorice» (2012-2014);
- “Soybean improvement of innate resistance to biotic stresses via genetic engineering of the phenylpropanoid pathway» (2013-2015);
- «Studying the stability ofthe photosynthetic apparatus ofwheat( aestivum L.) and its wild congeners to abiotic stress in vivo and in vitro» (2015-2017);
- «Developing basics of technology for creation wheat lines based on interbreeding and embryoculture of immature embryos» (2015-2017);
- «Spring barley varieties «Akjol»». Authors: Sariev B.S., Alimgazinova B.Sh. Nurgaliyev D.K., Iskakov A.R., Terletskaya N.V., Iskakova A.B. certificate of authorship;
- «The method for producing the cell lines of alfalfa are resistant to copper ions». Authors: Uteulin K.R., Sarsenbayev B.A., Taukeleva Sh.N., Dzhangalina E.D., Asrandina S.SH. Patent of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- «Way of evaluation the sustainability of crops to stresses». «Authors: Terletskaya N.V., Khailenko N.A., Tyupina L.N., Zhambakin K.Zh. Innovative patent Republic of Kazakhstan;
- «Method of the pre-treatment of maize seeds». Authors: Uteulin K.R., Dzhusipbekov U.J., Nurgaliyeva G.O. Innovative patent Republic of Kazakhstan;
- «Way of evaluation the physiological state of plants in relation to the conditions of growth and productivity under the influence of unfavorable factors». Authors: Terletskaya N.V., Khailenko N.A., Mamonov L.K./ Polimbetova F.A., Rysbekova A.B. Innovative patent 25998 Republic of Kazakhstan.
The major achievements
— developed the indices of drought resistance of wheat, maize and soybeans;
— revealed the promising species of the genus Artemisia L. as sources of flavonoids;
— developed protocols of obtaining cell cultures of alfalfa, soybeans and sainfoin, capable for long-term subculturing and regeneration;
— developed technology of cell selection of alfalfa for salt tolerance, alfalfa have been transmitted to the Kazakh Research Institute of Agriculture
— developed technology of the clonal propagation of Tamarisk for sand fixation dried bottom of the Aral Sea;
— developed technology for production of alfalfa plants, hyperaccumulators for heavy metals;
— developed technology for production of artificial alfalfa seeds hyperaccumulators for heavy metals;
— developed biotechnology for obtaining a donor of salt tolerance for practical soybean breeding;
— studied the characteristics of morphogenesis and regeneration of somatic tissues in culture soybean accessions Kazakhstan selection;
— studied the characteristics of morphogenetic processes at different levels of cereals under drought and salinity;
— developed technology of biolistic and Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of rice;
— developed encapsulation technology of seeds of rice, corn.
— By laboratory employees published 120 articles and abstracts, issued 1monography, 4 methodological guidance, 5 patents Republic of Kazakhstan for the 2010-2014 period.